Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Done!!!

For the most part, that is :) Just got back from my first poster session a little while ago, the culmination of days of writing and editing my final paper and poster. I have to admit I was a little nervous--while I don't have a problem with public speaking, I didn't truly know what to expect. And I've been so involved with the study that I was worried that I wouldn't properly explain the intricacies of the design and results and completely confuse my audience. But I think things went well; though I kind of doubted myself, all the information for the study itself and papers I'd read had really sunk into my mind, and people seemed to understand what was going on, so I'm happy.

Tomorrow will be spent packing up most of my belongings and shipping a box of things home (I arrived with a backpack, purse, and huge piece of luggage, but my parents shipped me box of some things I'd forgotten, plus the program gave us huge binders and a heavy textbook), and going to the exit focus group interview for an hour. On Friday, we have a closing luncheon...and then that's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment